Sunday, July 8, 2012

Batman belt for my little super hero

Batman belt for my little batman

 

 


And so, it was last saturday when Nikhil had his friends back to back BDay parties.
As expected, the little master convinced me to get a present for him too, and it was the new Batman rises bat belt.'
Yes it was the latest, and as per Nikhil,"I have always wanted this.."
To an extent, thats right, since he has always asking for a real batman belt for his costume

Now zoom past the Bdays into late Saturday evening, when the boys were busy pretending to be in Gotham City saving it from the bad guys...
Suddenly. The Guardian displayed his most powerful crying skills, shattering my ear drums...
( Well, since Nikhil was batman when this happened, I need to respect this, and not say "my poor baby started to cry" :-) )
For one, the belt was loose and didnt quit fit, and two, it had no gadgets, and three, the other reason, the main one, the belt had snapped since it was of non maleable hard platic.


Bat Mummy to the rescue..
Bat Mummy, said lets build our own bat belt, the right size and with the awesomest working gadgets.
( Thinking back now, I cant beleive that these words came out of my mouth, and dont know from where I got this confidence that I will ever be able to build one.. he he)
So there we went on junk collectin spree, around the house. And collected an asortment of things, lying around to turn them into gadgets
( on a side note, this made me realise, how much junk I have)

And Then, there was this super cool video, which became my guru - batman belt the super easy way

And so, started the batbelt making saga
So we had......
An ancient dove face cleanser, which was the super sonic vibrator, emitting bat waves that would send enemy to shock
A left over bath tub curtain loop, to hang this gadget
A body spray bottle, now powered with bat powder, which would enemies eyes to burn.
Small paper cups, borowed from my colleague at office, was the holder
A compass, doubling as his GPS
A mcdonals spy gear toy, was batman's laser gun.
Assorted collection of cardboard sheets from shipping boxes, cereal boxes etc...


So now that I assembled all the gadgets, it was time to make the belt.
The entire week passed, with Nikhil eagerly asking, "Are we doing belt today.?"
But, the hectic week it was, I couldnt start with it till it was already friday...
So, Friday night, I couldnt wait, to get on to this, much more than the little guy
And I started with this.
Overall I spent around 3 hrs to make this belt
Multiple measurments of the hip size and designs after design to position all these gadgets within the little space available....
Gadgets, gadget holders were hot glued to the cardboard

And now the belt was ready, all set for the last step, spray paint the belt golden

This was one step, that didnt come out perfectly,
The paint adhered to few gadgets perfectly.
The cardboard was a mess.
But my little batman is more than happy.

Heres the video.


P.S. On the second day of play, I had to sew the velcro thru the cardboard, hot glue wasnt enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment