Monday, August 20, 2012

My Universe is 5 year old already

5 years.
A lot can happen in 5 years.
Governments change,  you change jobs, you change cities, friends get married, 5 more social media sites are born,  Java sees 2 major releases & a lot many minor releases.......
But to get the feeling of having lived a lifetime in just 5 years, only a child can do it
This time, 5 years ago, we were gazing at the little blue bundle, in amazement, happiness, without a clue whats in store for us the next few years.
We made our share of mistakes as first time parents..
Fought over whose fault it is, the baby missed a feed ( or should say, still fight :-) )
Dropped him a couple of times...
His first BDay, His first steps, His first words, His first hugs, His first day care, His first smile, His first tooth....
Went through his first colds n coughs as if it was the end of the world, and still, I cant see it as just a little cold cough...


Many snapped and clicked... Many that I couldnt capture it in celluloid
Many crystal clear, but Many of the details are fuzzy..
Many engraved in my brain..But Many of the details are pushed back into my memory. The keys to "the point between rage and serenity" :-)
(quoting X-Men-First Class.)


Like the Sun making us think that he is the center of the galaxy, though technically it is not,
The little 5 pounder, took over our lives, and we are dancing puppets.
Parenting is not so easy..
But together we all grew another 5 years.
Here I was reliving my childhood, jumping on the sidewalks, dancing in a grocery store, singing in public, proudly wearing a burger king crown, eating icecream for breakfast, swinging in the park till our heads went dizzy, running around screaming, rolling in the snow, fighting over a pack of M&Ms, counting the # M&Ms, complaining to daddy whose fault it is...
We learnt, the thin line between right & wrong, how there is no right that's applicable always, why it is absolutely perfect to slow down once in a while, just sit and gaze at the ceiling, mistakes are ok, how a word means everything, promises are meant to keep.

In 5 years, I feel I have gained more wisdom, than all the years before...

This week we celebrated my little prince's 5th BDay.

Next week he starts Kindergarten.
My little one is growing up and fast.
I want to hug him a little more. Kiss him a little more.
Deep in my heart, the worst fear is the day, when he says "Mummy stop. I am big boy" is not far away :-)

1 comment: