Sunday, November 11, 2012

Deepavali 2012 - Diyas

Is there a festival to beat this Queen of All Hindu Festivals?
Deepavali, the most celebrated festival of the Hindus.
Deepavali, the Festival of lights
Everywhere you turn around, it is rich and colorful, sparkling in all glory...
The light of prosperity, winning over the darkness of  failure and loss.

I am here explaining if it is Diwali or Deepavali...
He is interested, in the stories and festivities...
"Mommy, what are we going to decorate for Deepavali", an innocent quip from my Super Hero, and I had to think of something including him...

And so we started, painting and decorating the diyas..
Thanks to being in the Bay Area, I could get unpainted clay diyas...
We had a great time, mommy and son..
Nikhil creating a few of his own, and helping me out with ALL the base coats for all the diyas.

Geek time... Here's Super Hero diyas..
It is upto all the geeks, to decipher, who is who


And here are a few clicks of what I made ....
Took around 4 hrs for this batch.
The first one the longest, as I got used to the texture and was generally an expirement..
Costwise, yes this is much cheaper than buying in the store..
And design wise, colors of my choice and designs of my choise.
Each one, is a memory of the time I spent with my kid, having fun creating something beautiful..
Hoping to make this a Deepavali tradition in our home..
Cant wait to repaint them for Karthigai...











No comments:

Post a Comment